we present the coolest blog on career in science, technology and engineering. explained new upcoming tech trends like nanotechnology and etc.. Many of us have confusion like Which branch of engineering do I select? so I tried to solve this confusion by creating this blog which has answers to questions like:which engineering field to choose for bright future? 5 Highest paying bachelor degrees, Which engineering college do I select for better future?
Got your JEE results, now it is time to make up your mind about which engineering field you want to pursue and why. Will it serve your inclination? Will it have good career prospects? Learnhub brings you a two-series article on 20 odd disciplines of engineering and its detailed profile about what will be its career scope, leading recruiters, your role and growth prospects for each discipline in India.
In this lesson, we will discuss 10 fields of engineering so that you can decide whether it matches your interest and aspirations
1) Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering:Get geared to an adventurous career where you will deal with the development of new technology in aviation, space exploration & defence system. You will find work with the aerospace industry, R&D with various government agencies.
Top recruiters: PSU s like HAL, NAL; DRDO, ISRO, AIRINDIA, Kingfisher, Indigo & Civil Aviation department.
2) Automobile Engineering: The rapid and ongoing technological advancement has ushered in a new era of hi-tech vehicles. It will be your duty to design, test, and develop vehicles and components from concept to production stage. You can also work at managerial and executive levels in automobile manufacturing industry. Or find a job in R&D, design, maintenance, sales.
3) Biotechnology: You can also pursue Bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, genetics. Besides research, you will also be involved in designing and development of prosthetic devices which replaces or enhances the function of missing body parts or organs. You can find employment in pharmaceutical firms, chemical, agricultural, bio-processing industries, research.
Top recruiters: Hindustan Lever Ltd, Thapar Group, Biocon, Tata, Biocon India Ltd.
4) Chemical Engineering: When you convert raw material (chemicals) to useful forms such as soap from sodium hydroxide with the application of physical, life science. You will work in chemical, pharmaceutical, mineral based, petromechanical, fertilizers, insecticides, herbicides, food processing and paints industries. Top recruiters: BPCL, HCL, Indian Oil, Gail, Ranbaxy.
5) Agricultural Engineering: When you apply engineering science & technology to agricultural production and procession. You will be performing tasks like planning, supervising and managing irrigation, drainage, water control system, perform environmental impact assessment and agricultural product processing. Find employment in food processing, packaging, food machinery, pharmaceutical industry, and health care firms.
Top recruiters:ITC, Amul Dairy, Nestle India, Escorts
6) Computer Science & IT: It deals with the use of computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and retrieve information. The basic difference between Computer Science & IT is that while former deals with designing and development of new software, hardware and parts of computer, IT aims at designing and managing computer-based information system, including software and hardware. Find employment in IT, ITES, database management, Telecommunication, computer hardware and software implementation, web designing, etc.
Top recruiters:TCS, Wipro, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Cisco, Accenture, etc
7) Electrical Engineering: Get ready to research, develop and operate electrical machinery and components. You will also design applications for generating electrical power for other branches of engineering. You can also find employment in manufacturing, process, robotics, automobile, aviation industries.
Top recruiters:BHEL, NHPC, Power Grid, Jindal Steel & Power, L&T.
8) Mechanical Engineering: This field involves designing, installing, manufacturing and operation of engines, machines, robotics, and cooling systems. You can find employment in automotive, aerospace, chemical, computer, power generation industries.
Top recruiters:DRDO, GAIL, NTPC, BHEL, Indian Oil and Tata Motors.
9) Civil Engineering: This is the oldest and one of the most important fields of engineering. Civil engineers play a vital role in creating man-made environment and protecting the natural environment. You will be constructing and maintaining infrastructure like roads, bridges, tunnels, dams, canals, power plants. Top recruiters: DMRC, Jaypee Jaiprakash Associates, Reliance Infra, L&T (ECC).
10) Mining Engineering: This engineering field involves extraction of non-metallic and metallic ores and energy sources like oil, coal, petroleum. You will also find employment in construction industry and waste disposal industry.
Top recruiters:HPCL, GAIL, ArcelorMittal, Jindal Steel, IOC, MMDC.